The Society of Black Professionals & Entrepreneurs Business Organization & Investment Group
SOBPE Investment Group
SOBPE Investment Group ~ The Society of Black Professionals and Entrepreneurs Investment Group (And Business Organization) is an organization that is designed to facilitate black group economics practiced vertically and the development of Black wealth — both individually and collectively. This business organization is being launched with the understanding that there must be a coherent, cohesive and strategic plan in place in order to provide the platform on which blacks will collectively find their voice and power to stand alone. The SOBPE Investment Group has adopted the general strategy put forth by Dr. Claud Anderson in his book “Powernomics,” with an added focus on the development of individual wealth.
The five steps of absolute empowerment are:
- Building an economic floor and collective economic system of empowerment through the practice of black group economics
- Political empowerment gained by using the aggregate economic strength that we create through the practice of group economics
- Use our increasing political clout to influence local police and court policy as well as impacting local government ~ the creation of local enclaves
- Acquire media outlets to use to influence our image, and to serve as a counter measure for negative propaganda campaigns
- Create our own educational system for your youth
- Economic Empowerment through Group Economics
- The practice of group economics is essential; however, it must be clear that basic group economics will not be sufficient. Group economics must be practiced vertically, meaning that we must dominate the complete industry of businesses that we dominate spending in. Vertical group economics call for ownership at every level in a given industry — retail, distribution and manufacturing. We must first focus on industries in which blacks dominate the spending, such as beauty supply and seafood.
- Developing and Supporting Black Owned Businesses
- One of the first things that we must understand is the fact that there is a difference between a black owned business and a business that is owned by a black person. This business organization is designed to offer support to Black Owned Businesses — businesses that are not only being patronized by the black community, but are also reinvesting in the black community. The simple definition of a Black Owned Business is a business that has black ownership and an afro-centric focus on how it reinvests its profits.
- In order for a business to be a part of this organization and to be endorsed by this organization, it must qualify as a black owned business.
- We must develop a systematic method through which the black dollar will bounce in the black community a minimum of 12 to 15 times during the initial stages of building, and as the black economy grows, this number must increase in correspondence.
- Each business will be required to reinvest a specific amount of their profit into specific areas in the community, based on immediate need. Some of the areas in which we will be asking Black Owned Businesses to invest are:
- Business Development
- Financial Development through creating our own banks.
- Residential Development
- Infrastructure Expansion
- Education & Youth Development
- Care for the Homeless and Disabled
- Leadership Development
- Private Funding
- Black Collectivism
- It is essential that a concerted effort is made to condition the black mind to think collectively, instead of individually. A great deal of the psychological warfare that has been waged against blacks over the past 350 to 400 years has been centered on creating a paradigm through which blacks instinctively view life through the lens of individualism.
- As author, Tom Burrell, has stated, the propaganda machine has done an unbelievable job in creating an inferiority complex in blacks, and it has also been extremely effective in perpetuating divisiveness, which is essential to facilitate the constant oppression of blacks.
- We must use the economic power that is created through black group economics to develop media outlets and strategies that serve to counter the impact of negative propaganda. We must consistently send messages that are positive and uplifting to our people. At current, we are extremely limited in the reach that we have in the black community. Our children and adults are being bombarded with negative messages, via TV, movies, radio, music, educational curriculums, etc. We must engage this issue effectively.
- We must practice a code of conduct similar to the one that is attached in order to establish what is acceptable and what is absolutely not acceptable. The vernacular that is used in presenting these codes must be highly lucid, so that there is no misunderstanding of what the expectation of those who will participate in this process will be, regardless of position or function.
- Develop highly specific think tanks to address all of the enigmatic issues that are plaguing the black community
- Support Services — The SOBPE will provide the following services to ensure that black businesses are prepared and equipped to compete in the global economy. Just because Black Owned Business are expected to have an afro-centric or black focus does not mean that many of the businesses that are planted and cultivated through this process should not be equipped to compete on a global level against non-black owned businesses. Some of the key services that are being offered are:
- General Business Support
- Promotional Support (marketing and branding)
- General Business Advice
- Legal Counsel (Including assistance is setting up corporations and chains)
- Financial Support — providing the economic floor to ensure that a business has the necessary support to give it time to become profitable.
- General and specific training for owners and employees
- Seminars and conferences to help enhance the general business acumen of all owners involved
- Political support, which is designed to help owners understand how to use the political system to protect their business interests — physically and financially.
- Military support — One of the reasons that it was so easy for the destruction of black communities in the past is that there were laws that made it easy for whites to come in and destroy black communities without consequence. The existence of the internet and social media, makes it slightly more difficult; however, it is vital that blacks understand the importance of political and military science, so that black businesses, communities and educational systems can have physical and political protection from assault, and this all begins with economic empowerment.
- National Chapters
- It will be important to establish national chapters in every major city that will function independently, but remain connected to all other national chapters that will be able to provide additional support in any area when necessary. This independence will allow each chapter to function expeditiously in addressing issues without having to deal with the slow process of getting approval from one centralized headquartered operation. The entire network is accountable to the whole, while functioning independently based on its geographical and political needs.
The enigmatic issues that the black community faces are highly complex, and there are no quick fixes available. In fact, it is our belief that far too many black leaders have attempted to apply the quick fix to these complex issues, and the results have been non-efficacious. Actually, the use of quick fixes to stabilize issues that have been more than three centuries in the making only frustrates the problem. Black leaders who are serious about making a difference must first come to the realization that the change that is needed will not take place over night.
First of all, you cannot undue centuries of negative conditioning overnight. It will take time to convince the black collective that they are not inferior — to give them permission to tell their own story and celebrate their own brilliance. This will require a committed long term plan in which negative messages are replaced with positive and empowering ones. It will require a shift in paradigms in which education is viewed as much more than the acquisition of academic skills — seeing education as a holistic experience in which black youth are given the aggregate knowledge that is necessary for them to be certain of their identity, purpose and worth. This knowledge must also equip them to compete in the world that encapsulates them — not as employees, but as young entrepreneurs who a fight to compete with their white, Asian and Arab counterparts.
This type of plan requires black leadership that is less concerned about the pat on the back they can receive now, and more fixed on leaving behind an unshakable legacy. This company, investment group and organization is committed to creating a paradigmatic shift that breathes life into the whole of the black race, convincing our youth that all things are possible, and that there is a genius inside each one of them. This shift in paradigms will also empower each individual in the black community to take control of their own destiny as they establish their own worth.
We understand that if done right, this process has the power to deal a fatal blow to white supremacy as it currently exists, simply through focus and disciplined spending as we shift from being primarily consumers to becoming predominately producers. We must promote ownership and diminish materialism. White supremacy has absolutely no power in the absence of black compliance, and the primary goal of this company is to provide the economic support for blacks to stand completely on their own. As we become an autonomous race in America, we will find our voice. It is so much easier to speak up and speak out when our livelihood is not dependent on the one we must speak out against.
We also believe that the time has come to move away from the social media discussions in order to take immediate action. There will never be a perfect time to undertake vehement endeavor; therefore, we must simply come together and take the first step.
*View preliminary Code of Conduct here: http://www.theodysseyproject21.com/code-conduct/
Developing Young Entrepreneurs
- What do we do? We provide world class business training and education
- How do we do it? Business accountability, national network,
- Whom do we do it for? Black owned businesses
- What value are we bringing? Aggregating the black dollar/circulating the black dollar
- Why? To establish an independent economic base for black owned businesses and black community to allow blacks to compete fairly in the global economy
The mission of the Society of Black Professionals and Entrepreneurs is to equip black owned businesses with expert instruction, study, and business accountability by vertically circulating the black dollar while simultaneously stimulating competition in the global economy.
- Character: Trust, respect, and support black owned businesses.
- Leadership – Have a solution oriented mindset.
- Commitment – Take a stand to improve your business and community.
- Contribution – Willingness to share ideas and resources. The desire to want to improve your brand and business platform.
- Quality – Excellence is expected not forgone.
Specifics on The Investment Arm
- To help at least 1,000 people to develop a savings strategy that will allow them to save $1,000 during 2017 for the purpose of investing as a group
- To position the organization to be in the best possible position to take advantage of opportunities as they arise
- To spawn and fund business growth in the Black community
- To develop and support holistic educational programs for Black Youth
- To carry out The Odyssey Project Blue Print 1.0 shown at http://www.theodysseyproject21.top/the-blueprint/
Invest in yourself by becoming a member.
Price: $40.00/month or $395/year
It is not a good investment unless it produces an increased return:
- Free Live Investment Sessions (Free)
- Discounts on Investment Classes
- Free Classes for Children Under 18
- Personal Guided Savings Plan to Help You Reach Your Personal Goals (Free)
- Exclusive New Business Planning and Development Assistance (Free)
- Invitation to a Private Support Group (Free)
- Discount Tuition Into Next Level University & Warrior University
Everyone has different needs and desires, so we will help our members create savings plans that consider the time, market and future aspirations of the individual.
- Creating a Savings Account for Investing
- Keep in mind that most savings accounts don’t have an interest rate high enough to keep up with inflation, so your money will not grow at a rate fast enough to produce an increased return.
- When possible, we will partner with Black banks to create plans and programs that are designed to meet the specific needs of our members
- SBPE Investment Group Savings Plan
- At the SBPE, we have a basic plan that will help members reach the $1,000 minimum investment cost point
- $25 per week or $50 bi-weekly for a 40-week period
- We will also help you create an emergency fund, which should be enough to support you for a minimum of 6 months should you lose your source of income
- Generating seed money — While there are many startups that are using venture capital to start their businesses, there are multitudinous options to create your own seed money that will serve as the foundation for launching your own business endeavor.
- These same principles can be used to generate capital to start our own schools and educational systems that are designed to holistically educate our youth
- Guided Savings Plans
Individually ($1,000 seed money)
- Bonds, Stocks, FOREX, Options, Real Estate, IRAs, Annuities, Entrepreneurship and more
Black Group Economics
- $1,000 x 1,000 = $1M — This is called leverage, and when used correctly, it is immensely powerful
- 1st Quarter
- Investment Club (Learning to use the mastermind group effect to develop creative models for optimizing our financial activity
- 2nd Quarter
- Creating a Real Estate Investment Trust
- 3rd Quarter
- Peer to Peer Lending
- Creating our own financial infrastructure and sub-economies
- Entering the World of the Venture Capitalist